Finola McDermott is an engaging business trainer and coach. With a business degree and post-graduate certificate in Business Enterprise, Finola was a Business Mentor and Consultant for organisations such as The Prince’s Trust and Coventry University Business Enterprise Works in the UK. She is Qualified with an NLP Coaching Diploma as well as Thomas International DISC, Emotional Intelligence, and Aptitude and Ability profiler.
Finola has an ability to build relationships with people of all levels and industries. She has ten years of experience working as Associate Trainer in Sales and Communications, delivering work in Budapest, Vienna, Prague and as far afield as Abu Dhabi.
In West of Ireland since 2012 Finola now returns to business training and coaching since starting her family. Recently graduated from Innovation Hub’s Empower programme she has developed an excellent network and understanding of the business community locally.
- Finola became a Platinum Partner in a large transformation contract across BT. Here she built excellent rapport with people from General Manager’s to agents and support staff. She headed up the training program for the Glasgow offices and the results were highly positive. At BT Business in London Finola was chosen to deliver to high value sales teams who were dealing with contracts of £1million plus. Her appetite to drive change and uplift performance in every organisation she works with has been recognised and commended.
- Finola was chosen to assist the UK’s manufacturing industry based at Warwick Automotive Centre, Warwick University in finding solutions to problems such as information transfer breakdown and weaknesses in training methods. She later worked on software that develops “return on investment” measures for training.
- Working alongside the Founder of the UK’s Sales Academy – Finola created and developed four weeks of the ten-week training program, which was devised to transform disadvantaged youths into high achieving sales performers.
- At the close of a training programme for Brigg’s Equipment UK Finola was described by the CEO as ‘phenomenal’. She successfully coached and trained Sales Managers from an industrial and engineering background and the uplift in performance was immediately observed.
- Alstom Power are an example of a global organisation for whom Finola has provided one to one coaching and bespoke vocal impact consultancy. Improving communication through voice skills Finola worked with Alstom’s members based in UK, India and Sweden.
- 3663 was the largest food wholesalers in the UK and had grown from a family business. Finola ran an accreditation workshop for a large group including Sales, Operations and Finance Directors. Subsequently the head of HR said, “we are extremely discerning about our trainers, we expect a very high standard. As such we have only two trainers on our books currently, and Finola is one of them.”
- Leading an Assessment Centre for Elliott Group UK (Modular Building and Construction), Finola interviewed Regional Sales Directors and their team members. Providing a briefing each day to outline events and feedback at the end of the sessions was important in setting the tone of professionalism for the event.
- In telephone Contact Centres all over the UK Finola evaluated Sales Managers and their Teams before the training delivery process. This provided a design and delivery opportunity to offer motivational training for optimum sales targets. Finola has utilised her Neuro Linguistic Programming knowledge to achieve maximum results by one to one and telephone coaching for members of the Orange Group as well as in other centres.
- Finola was an ‘Inspirational Speaker’ for Prince’s Trust and is an advocate for building confidence in young entrepreneurs.
Further clients have include:
- Fleetcor – Vehicle Fleet Management and Fuelcard sales
- Eypx – Software for Vehicle Fleet Management
- Morrison Construction – Building Construction, Dublin
- Alstom Power – GE Renewable Energy
- Barker Brettell – International Property Lawyers
- Archant Newspaper & Magazine Group
- SFS Group – Insurance
- Grant Thornton – Accountancy & Finance